Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2016

It's been awhile

Everything has been going pretty good. I am learning all about food in a brand new way. 
With me, its not been that I am an over eater, never really had been.  When I am skinny and exercising, I can pretty much eat what ever I want. But since getting hurt and being sedentary for the first two years ruined that for me. When my heart and soul is not into exercising, (because I couldn't after getting hurt)  Is where the wheels fell off for me. Loved my ice cream, especially at night. It takes a lot to gain 100lbs. 
So I have been asked by a couple people. "If you had to change your eating habits so drastically before and after this surgery, why didn't you just continue on your own? You are already down 1/4 of the weight.
My answer to these questions is......
It is so much more then to just keep going. When you are this much over weight, you can't exercise because of your injuries and then later your injuries and your weight.  There is no way, and I mean no way possible for me or anyone to be able to loose 100 lbs. without exercise. Not to mention my
left knee. I hurt it in gymnastics when I was in middle school. But now, OMG is it bad. Right before surgery, on a scale of 1 to 10, my pain was a 12. I was ready for surgery right then, cause I couldn't take it a second longer. However part of the reason for this surgery is because I was hoping to push surgery off for a few more years if I got some weight off. Well let me tell you this, I am not sure how much I have lost right now ( I will weigh at Dr. office on Monday) but as of day 17 and down 23 lbs. my knee is already better. Is the pain gone? No! but it sure is tolerable.  So I am already seeing a perk from having this done.
As I said in the very beginning of my blog posts, everyone thinks differently, this surgery was in no way shape or form "The easy way out" Its been work, the education I am getting is incredible.
For me, this has been the best decision of my life, and for the future of my life.
I think sometimes before we ask questions of people that we really know nothing about, that we should educate ourselves a little more. See, even this has been educational for me.
My cousin Lynn has told me two or three times now, "I can see the spark back in your eyes" 
You know what, I hadn't realized I lost it. But I sure get it, I can finally see a light at the end of my tunnel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's easier for folks to judge what they don't understand. You made a well educated and healthy decision that you really don't have to explain to anyone. I have prayed for years that God would help me for self control, motivation and loose some weight. I see this as an answer to prayer- it's between you and God anyway. Keep your head up and know that you are getting healthier for your son and husband! And to do God's will for your life. Let the scoffers be dealt with my the Holy Spirit. :)

Kim Lau said...

Thank you Dee for your continued support